Julie Kinscheck, Assistant Professor of Voice at Berklee College of Music in Boston, accomplished masters studies in vocal pedagogy at Westminster Choir College, Rider University in NJ. She holds a Bachelor of Music degree from Berklee College of Music, graduating cum laude from their in Professional Music program with emphasis in Vocal Performance/ Songwriting and Arranging. She received both scholarships and numerous awards as a jazz vocalist and songwriter propelling her into a busy career as a professional recording artist and performer. Previous to attending Berklee in Boston, Kinscheck received her formal music instruction at Oberlin Conservatory in Ohio.
Along side performing, Kinscheck found teaching voice and guitar, and eventually public school general music and choir, a rewarding side job. She loves seeing students grow and be inspired by their own learning. Currently, teaching caeer vocalists at Berklee as been exceptoonally rewarding! To that end she began pursuing graduate courses and workshops to increase her skills as a Vocal Instructor at Gordon College, New England Conservatory, Boston Conservatory and Shenandoah University has added to her skills. She has since led over 40 student shows, taught students from preschool to retired, beginners to touring professionals and conducted her own workshops from Boston, MA to Berlin, Germany and looks forward to releasing her first book and curriculum: Vocal Training for Praise Singers December 11th 2021!
Kinscheck looks forward to helping each student develop and reach their ultimate potential.
JULIE ALICE KINSCHECK
5 Eastview Avenue, Billerica, MA 01821 | Cell: (617) 686-7075 | E-Mail: MyVoiceTeacherJulie@gmail.com | Web site: www.julieksings.com
EDUCATION & LICENSING
• Westminster Choir College, Rider University, Masters in Vocal Pedagogy 2023
• Shenandoah University, Summer CCM Vocal Institute, 2020
• Boston Conservatory @ Berklee, Musical Theater Pedagogy Workshop 2019
• NE Conservatory, Acoustic Vocal Pedagogy Workshop 2018
• Berklee College ofMusic, Sibelius Online Fall 2016
• Gordon College, Teaching Kids to Sing I & II Summer 2003
• Fitchburg State, Studying Skillful Teaching Winter 2003
• Massachusetts Provisional Certification, Music PreK-12 2002
• B. M., Professional Music, Berklee College of Music, Cum Laude 1986
• Recipient Cleo Laine Jazz Incentive Award and Jazz Masters Scholarship to Berklee 1985
• Oberlin College, Music & Social Science 1982-1984
• Rotary Exchange Ambassador to Germany 1981-1982
PRIVATE TEACHING EXPERIENCE
• Assistant Professor of Voice, Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA 9/2021-Present
• Private Vocal Coach, Guitar Instructor – home studio 1995-Present
• Judge, NATS Student Auditions, Boston, MA January 2020
• Voice & Guitar Faculty, BLT Music, Billerica, MA 9/2010-12/2012
• Voice Faculty, Community Music Center of Boston 9/2000- 2/2004
CLASS/ENSEMBLE TEACHING EXPERIENCE
• General Music and Choir teacher, St. Ann’s Home School, Methuen, MA 8/19-Present
• Director of 40 Student Recitals for Voice and Guitar Students, organizing ensemble numbers, solo and small group performances 6/06-Present
• Vocal Training for Praise singers Intensive workshop Presentor, Berlin, Germany 9/2018
• Vocal Director/Assistant Praise Band Leader, NW Boston Church of Christ 2005-Present
• Music Teacher, Hellenic Academy, Lowell, MA 9/15-6/16
• Vocal Coaching multiple bands and choirs, New England 2005-Present
• Presenter Vocal Training for Praise Singers Workshop, Framingham, MA Nov 2015
• Instructor Vocal Training for Praise Singers 7 week course, Framingham, MA Spring 2015
• Adjunct Professor for Guitar, North Shore Community College 1/11-6/14
• Guitar and Songwriting Instructor, Billerica Recreation, Billerica, MA 9/04-7/14
• Vocal Health Seminar, Worship Conference, Washington DC June 2008
• Music Teacher & Choral Director, Ottoson Middle School, Arlington, MA 9/03-6/04
• Vocal Coach, South Central Mass Gospel Choir, live & studio, Milton, MA 2/00-12/03
• Music Teacher and Choral Director Miles River Middle School, Hamilton, MA9/02-6/03
• Music Teacher and Choral Director, Boston Public Schools- Various 9/98-6/01
• Assistant Director Summer ARTS Camp at Community Music Center of Boston 6/99-8/02
• Songwriting Class Instructor, Community Music Center of Boston 2/99-2/04
• Preteen Coordinator, Music and Drama Coach, Church of Christ 2/97-8/03
• Music Director/ arranger: Faith In Action, 7 voice Gospel/Jazz A cappella Group 3/94-10/01
• Class Instructor, Faculty Guitar Class, Agassiz School Spring 2000
• Assistant Coordinator, Songwriter, and Conductor for Pathways and Partnerships Middle School Choral Festival. Spring 1999
• Founding director of the Boston A/M Songshop songwriter’s workshop 1992-97
Private Voice Training:
Brett Manning, Mary Klimex, Mark Baxter, Marilyn Evans, Bob Stoloff, Jeannie Deva, Charlie Sorento, Oberlin College Voice Faculty.
Various workshop/ seminars on vocal health and production/ working with young voices/ Opera and musical theatre applications for young singersGeneral Music
Instrumental: Studied and played guitar since age 9, also lessons with Jim Kelly at Berklee; Private Piano instruction through Community Music Center of Boston;
Recorder Teaching and ORFF Workshops with Lucy Joan Sollogub.
Theatre and dance: Acting classes, mime study, gymnastics, jazz dance & Zumba classes.
• Music Columnist, Billerica Green Magazine Jan-July 2011
• Account Executive, International Strategies 1998 -1999
• Account Executive, Greater Boston Radio Group, WKLB Country 99.5FM 1997 -1998
• Thompson Publishing International Inc. 1992 -1997
• Music Journalist, New England Performer Magazine 1992 -1995
• Administrator/Sales Representative, db Engineering 1989 – 1991
• Cover Story Metronome Magazine March 2010
• East Coast A cappella Sweepstakes 1999 3rd place winners: Faith In Action
• National Academy of Songwriters “Most Promising New Songwriter” Award 1991
• Honorable Mention Nashville City and BillBoard Songwriters Competitions 1984,89,91,93
• Winner Berklee Summer Songwriter Competition 1985
• Recipient Cleo Laine Jazz Incentive Award and Jazz Masters Scholarship to Berklee.
ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Recording Artist, Vocalist, Guitarist, Songwriter on Jharck Records:
• Let My Light Shine CD 2014
• Grace With Jazz On Top CD 2008
• The Force CD 2007
• Faith in Action Live CD 2006
• Indian Summer Cassette EP 1992
• Love is Wild Cassette EP 1990
• Performed lead and back up vocals on radio jingles on air for Toyota, General Electric, Sargento Cheese, Hollywood Bank and more.
• Recorded vocal tracks for local artist CD’s and songwriter demos.
Founding Partner, Kinscheck International Productions, 1987- present
Vocal coach artists: Recording studio and live performance; Produce demos
and CDs; Produce videos; Write, design and distribute promotional materials, press releases and proposals for funding; Write scripts and screen plays; Research industry trends to meet market demand; Compose songs and film scores; Promote, book and perform in bands and vocal groups.
SOLO ARTIST AND BANDS
• Solo Singer/Guitarist: weddings & events, clubs, nursing homes, children’s parties
• Vocalist for hire for studio sessions, freelance gigs, benefits, countless church events
• Extensive songwriting library
• Lead singer and guitarist in numerous bands and groups including The Harmony Jewels, LIFLIGHT, Moon Glow, Julie Jazz, Sound Doctrine, Main Attraction, Rescue Squad and Centerpiece. Performed in large venues and small across US and Europe.
• Personal: Brian Pitts, (978) 764-5988, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tyngsboro, MA
• Personal: Lori Gath, (978) 851-3323, email@example.com, Billerica, MA
• Professional: Teresa Jones, (978) 682-5276, firstname.lastname@example.org, Methuen, MA
• Professional: Sueci Carmichael, Director of BLT Music, (978) 663-9576, email@example.com , Andover, MA