PO Box 224
Bedford, MA 01730
S I N G E R – S O N G W R I T E R/ G U I T A R I S T /E N T E R T A I N M E N T I N D U S T R Y E X P E R I E N C E
Founding Partner, Kinscheck International Productions (formerly Centerpiece Productions) 1987- present
Promote, book and perform in bands and vocal groups. Teach private voice and guitar lessons in home studio; Vocal coach artists in recording studio and for live performance. Coordinate arrangements between bands, agents, brides and club owners. Write, design and distribute promotional materials, press releases and proposals for funding. Produce videos; Author scripts & screenplays. Compose songs and film scores.
· Singer/guitarist: Weddings & events, clubs, nursing homes and children’s parties.
- · Lead Singer/guitarist for PTB, Original Christian Rock Band 1995-present
- · Guitarist/vocalist for NE Function sensation: Main Attraction 11/01- present
- · Music Director, Faith in Action, award winning a cappella gospel/ jazz 1995-2006
- · Judge International Collegiate A Cappella Competition 2001
- · Lead singer/ guitarist for Persuasion, Sound Doctrine, Rescue Squad and
Centerpiece original and cover pop rock bands. 1986-2000
- · Wrote Script and assistant directed mini movies: “The X Project”, “Mission Possible” & "S.P.Y. Kidz” 2000-2003
- · Acted in numerous musicals and plays including: Pippin,Oklahoma, Carousel, A Chorus Line, Ground Zero and Our Town.
- · Performed lead and back up vocals on radio jingles on air forToyota, General Electric, Sargento Cheese, Hollywood Bank and more.
- · Recorded vocal tracks for local artist CD’s and songwriter demos.
- · Showcased on radio stations: WBOS, WERS, WBRS, WOBC, WCGY, WBOS, WNYU…
- · Received press in Billboard Magazine, New England Performer, Metronome Magazine, TheBoston Globe, The BostonHerald, The Ithaca Times, Berklee Today, The Boston Phoenix, A Cappella News, Vibrations, Women in Musicand more.
· Showcased performer on numerous local TV programs.
- · Extra work on major motion picture: Amazing Grace and Chuck and TV series: “Spenser: For Hire”.
- · Founding director of the Boston A/M Songshop songwriter’s workshop. 1992-97
S E L E C T E D P E R F O R M A N C E S: Being Updated...
S e l e c t e d A w a r d s
- · CARA Award Nomination for best religious Song and best religious CD released in
2006 for Faith In Action Live! Feb 2007
- · East Coast A cappella Sweepstakes 1999 3rd place winners: Faith In Action
- · National Academy of Songwriters “Most Promising New Songwriter” Award 1991
- · Honorable Mention Nashville City and BillBoard Songwriters Competitions 1984,89,91,93
- · Winner Berklee Summer Songwriter Competition 1985.
- · Recipient Cleo Laine Jazz Incentive Award and Jazz Masters Scholarship to Berklee.
E D U C A T I O N & L I C E N S I N G
- · Gordon College, Teaching Kids to Sing I & II Summer 2003
· Fitchburg State, Studying Skillful Teaching, Winter 2003
· Massachusetts Provisional Certification for Music PreK-12, 2002.
· B. M., Professional Music, Berklee College of Music, Cum Laude, 1986.
· Liberal Arts training, music and social science, Oberlin College, 1982-1984.
· Rotary Exchange Ambassador to Germany, 1981-1982.
T R A I N I N G
Private Voice Training: Mary Klimex, Mark Baxter, Marilyn Evans, Bob Stoloff, Jeannie Deva, Charlie Sorento, Oberlin College Voice Faculty. Various workshop/ seminars on vocal health and production/ working with young voices/ Opera and musical theatre applications for young singers.
Related Training: Instrumental: Studied and played guitar since age 9; Jim Kelly, Mike Femino, Chad McGlocklin, John Baily instructors. Piano/ guitar lab classes at Berklee College of Music,Theatre and dance: Acting classes, Mime study, gymnastics training, Jazz Dance classes.
References upon request